Schedule an Appointment Schedule an Estimate Special Offers & Rebates
nate certifiedEnergy Starus green building council memberCarrier

Apollo Heating and Air Conditioning is a Tri-Cities based company that has been serving Washington, Oregon and Idaho since 1981


Recent Blog Entries

Home and Garden Show is THIS WEEKEND!!!

Home Show

STOP BY OUR BOOTH THIS WEEKEND!!!!

We will have some great saving’s on products & services, as well as, a chance to win free HVAC maintenance for one year!!

2015 Regional Home & Garden Show

@ The TRAC, Pasco WA

Friday, Feb. 20; 10 am to 7 pm
Saturday, Feb. 21; 10 am to 7 pm
Sunday, Feb. 22; 10 am to 4 pm

Admission:
$6 Adults
12 and under free

$1 off admission price with a nonperishable food item for Salvation Army.


VOTE YES TODAY

Vote Yes
Please take the time to vote YES for the Kennewick School Bond. Today is the last day to cast your vote!


Silent Killer – Be Aware

Do you have a silent killer in your home? Carbon Monoxide Poisoning can be deadly for you and your family. It is a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas that can be produced when ANY fuel is burnt, including oil, gas, wood, or coal. As the heating season is fast approaching now is the time to get educated and take the necessary precautions to keep you and your family safe.

What Is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon Monoxide (also known as CO) is a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas and is a common yet preventable cause of death from poisoning worldwide.

It can be produced when there is a lack of air when fossil fuels are used or if an appliance is faulty.

Common Causes of CO Poisoning:

Carbon monoxide is emitted when materials burn. It’s a natural byproduct of gas and propane powered furnaces, wood-burning stoves, non-electric space heaters and gas or propane stoves and ovens. Vehicles also emit the gas, which can build to deadly levels if trapped in a garage or other closed space. Household appliances that produce carbon monoxide should be equipped with ventilation systems that keep the dangerous gas from accumulating in your home. The trouble arises with aging appliances that can break and emit deadly gas into your home’s interior. It is important to remember that a match, cigarette, or incense give off CO, not just appliances.

Symptoms:

Early symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are often mistaken for the flu. It’s important that if you start to notice some of these symptoms, especially if they become chronic, you go to a doctor right away.

Early symptoms can include:

Headache

Nausea

Fatigue

Dizziness

Prevention:

Keep all appliances in good working condition. Have them maintained regularly or serviced immediately if you notice them malfunctioning in any way. If you have a chimney or flue double check it is clear and free of any blockages. Make sure all rooms are properly ventilated. Do not run any vehicles or gas powered machines in an enclosed environment. (Like a garage.) Be sure to have Carbon Monoxide Alarms installed in your garage as well as within 15 feet of entrances to sleeping areas.

Stay safe this winter! If you have any questions or concerns on your heating equipment call us at Apollo Heating and Air (509) 987-1500. We are here to serve you and the community, providing the highest quality of service.